On behalf of the wonderful staff at Dallas Elementary, I would like to welcome all families, both new and returning, to our amazing school. Each week I provide a short email updating families of upcoming events and important dates.
Here are your updates for the first week of the 2018.19 school year.
1. First day of school for students in grades 1 to 7 is tomorrow, Tuesday (4th). School opens at 10:30 and students are dismissed at 12:00. Students will be returning to their teacher from last year. Busses will run two hours later in the morning and two hours earlier in the afternoon.
2. Wednesday is the first full school day for students in grades 1 to 7. Classes start at 8:30 and students are dismissed at 2:30. Lunch is from 11:50 to 12:50, with students eating first and then going out to play at 12:05.
3. Students will be with their teacher from last year for Wednesday and Thursday until we can finalize our classes for this year. During these days, students will spend time learning about our school’s behaviour matrix and engaging in reading, writing, and numeracy classroom tasks.
4. We plan to have students placed in their classes by Friday (7th). This plan is dependent on the number of students we have register at our school on Tuesday and Wednesday.
5. Our incoming Kindergarten students will start their individualized gradual entry to school on either Wednesday or Thursday and continue until early next week. The first full day of Kindergarten will be Wednesday, Sept. 12th.
6. Our first school Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting is Monday, September 17th at 7:00 in our school library.
Have a fabulous week and I look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces tomorrow!