Welcome to December! The next three weeks promise to be very busy at Dallas Elementary. Our student leadership group has a lot of fun and festive events planned for this month. Up first is the 12 Days Food Hamper Drive. Starting on Tuesday, each class division will be given a specific day to bring in food donations that will be donated to the Salvation Army for families in need in our city. More information will be sent home to parents this week.
It is also time to plan ahead for basketball season. Although the season does not start until the new year, we would like to organize our teams before Winter Break. We are planning to have 4 teams. We have coaches for our tier 1 teams organized, however we are need of two coaches, one for our tier 2 boys and one for our tier 2 girls teams. If you are able to coach, please contact Mr. Reilly at the school.
Here are your reminders for this week:
1. Monday is a professional development day for school staff. The school is closed for students.
2. On Wednesday, Mrs. Milburn’s, Mrs. Thompson’s, and Miss McCarthy’s classes go skating at Valleyview Arena (1:00 - 2:30).
3. PAC organized hot lunch is Senor Froggy’s this Friday.
4. Term 1 Report Cards go home with students to families on Friday.
1. Our Christmas Concert is scheduled for Thursday, December 13th. Our afternoon performance will start at 1:30 pm. We anticipate our evening performance to be very full, so if you are able to, please consider attending the afternoon concert. The evening performance will start at 6:00 pm. We anticipate the performances will last approximately 40 minutes.
Have a marvellous week!