Site news

Weekly Update

Picture of Grant Reilly
Weekly Update
by Grant Reilly - Sunday, 9 December 2018, 1:17 PM

Dear Families,

My apologies for not getting the correct information to you last week regarding our leadership students’ food drive. Classrooms do not have a specific day to bring in food donations. All students can bring in donations on any day. And, as an extra bonus, the class with the most donations wins a pizza party!

I did not hear from anyone about being a coach for our tier 2 boys and tier 2 girls basketball teams yet. Unfortunately, if we don’t get any coaches from the community for these two teams we will have to forfeit the teams...so if you are able to coach or know anyone who can coach, please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Reilly at the school.

Here are your reminders for this week:

1. Report cards were sent home with students on Friday. If you did not receive your child’s report card, please contact your child’s teacher. If your child was away on Friday, he/she will bring home his/her report card upon their return to school. Please be sure to return the report card envelopes back to you child’s teacher.

2. Our Christmas Concert is this Thursday. The afternoon performance commences at 1:30 pm and the evening performance starts at 6:00 pm. A reminder the concert is for students in Kindergarten to Grade 3, and including Miss McCarthy’s Grade 4 students. If you are unsure of what time to have your child return to school for the evening performance, please contact your child’s teacher.

3. PAC organized hot lunch is hot dogs this Friday.

Upcoming Events:

1. A number of festive events put on by our leadership students next week:

• Monday is Red and Green Day

• Tuesday is Ugly Sweater Day

• Wednesday is Pajama Day

• Thursday is Christmas Hair Day (that’s a challenging one for me…)

• Friday we will be singing carols in the gym!

2. Next week is the last week in session before the Winter Break. School will reopen to students Monday, January 7.

Have an incredible week!

Mr. Reilly